View Single Post
Old 06-12-2002, 01:38 AM   #70
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
After a relatively short amount of time, (The first week to ~5-8 years, dependant on the individual), anyone will be better in a fight if they study a western art vs an eastern art. But, that depends on the art.

This is incorrect. The modern art, assuming you speak of 'western', could lose just as easily as the eastern art. Just as a -jutsu style could lose to a -do style.

Pakrateon is a lost art, hailing from the days of Greece. The last known practitioner lived in 400A.D.. Whomever taught this supposed style was a liar and a charlatan. As for boxing - that is not to learn how to fight. Period. I would expect a shodan Aikido user to win against a highly-experienced boxer.

So, let me get this straight. Your brother had twice the training, in a school that actually exists, that actually teaches you how to fight, in a sparring match that obviously restricts the person from using any techniques taught in said non-existant school?

Shao, I'll say this once. The so-called "Street-fighting" schools cannot truly spar. Ever.

Moral training? That is a relic of an antiquatated (sp) thought pattern. Moral training has nothing to do with fighting whatsoever. Your points are utterly irrelevant.

While the training does have an affect when it is mental, moral training has no affect whatsoever. In a style I currently study, we are taught to kill, Shao. There is no pussy-footing around the subject. Moral training can be only a hindrance - if you hesitate, even a moment in a real fight, you have lost if the opponent has any skill. After first contact, fights effectively end in 3 seconds. You can spout all the #### you want about 'moral training', but in the end, it only has a detrimental affect if you are training to fight, and not for self-defense or some similar "half-assed" reason.

I have one question for you, Shao. Now you are naming a nonexistant art, or one that is taught by a charlatan. If you do not even know this most basic of information about such an obviously fake art, then how do you possibly consider yourself knowledgeable enough to detail how hard someone can punch?

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote