Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
KaVir, I thought we already had one of those. <3M

---

And in response to reading this thread, I'll shoot my support to KaVir on this one. There are many MUDs out there that lack the funds, the amazing web-design, or other general flashiness that can sometimes attract lots of players (much in the same way Graphical MMORPGs do); many of those MUDs have quality staff, decent-sized playerbases, and code/gameplay that doesn't crawl, is unique and fun, and does things that no other MUDs do.

I won't go as far as to say that large MUDs can't reach the same level, because that's obviously been proven not true - however, I have played many places, and I do believe most large player-based MUDs sacrifice some of their creative energies on the flashiness and community aspects of their game. That does tend to attract many more players, true - however, it is not necessarily a direct reflection on the quality of their gameplay itself. The most innovative and creative MUDs I have ever played, nearly all probably had lower playerbases than 100 avg(which for most MUD owners, would still probably be a dream.)

Back to the subject of the post; I do not find it wrong to encourage players to vote, but I do not think it should be hard-coded into the game to remind players that it is their duty, or the sort. A simple attachment to whatever equivalent of a "Message of the Day Board" saying 'You can vote for us at xxx!' is as automated as I would ever feel personally comfortable with.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote