Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM   #60
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Have I been living on another planet, or doesn't TMC only require you to enter a matching letter code in to vote? I just logged onto their website and voted for a MUD just now - the prompt showed me a typical anti-bot letter code that I had to match, and I did so, then clicking on "cast my vote".

If you are trying to argue that TMC's 15-20 second long voting process is too much work, then I'd say you don't care about voting very much at all. Otherwise, you may just be unaware that the voting process on TMC seems relatively easy. Or, I could be a moron, and I could be completely wrong about the TMC system, somehow - I just don't see how, though.

I believe a higher integrity-protected voting system is always something worth striving for.

And KaVir again reflects my feelings on the difference between a 'good' MUD and a 'popular MUD'. In order to appeal to the masses, there is a certain amount of your creative energies which have to be suppressed and/or used for the appealing itself, and not for cutting-edge and original/exciting gameplay. This is very rarely untrue, from my long time of having played a large, wide variety of MUDs.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote