View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 01:43 AM   #1
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
I'm gonna start out with three downers: I've been playing for about ten years, and over that time, have become fairly particular about what I like and dislike. Down point two: I've been searching for about two years and have yet to find what I'm looking for. Down point three: I administrate for a game that I absolutely love already (Chiaroscuro), but know too well to play, if that makes any sense.

That being said, here are my requests in a game:
1. Equipment saving.
2. Secrets of some sort to discover, whether it be learning the intricacies of systems, or discovering/figuring out how to create new and exciting items.
3. Alternate (and equally viable) ways of earning a living/getting xp/advancing that don't involve killing everything you meet.
4. Something that caters to exploration-types.
4a. A crafting system.
4b. An herbalism/gathering type skill for the gathering of plants or other mundane stuff.
4c. This skill actually has some usefulness.
5. A big enough playerbase to allow for rp.
6. Enough of a non-cliqued segment to allow for roleplay with newbies.
7. A halfway-believable and well thought-out storyline/theme.
8. Creative and balanced races.

This list moves from most important to least important. If you don't have the first three, don't bother commenting. I have already been to several of the games out there who fit the first few criteria, especially SoI and Armageddon, and have found them both lacking, so this is going to be a little difficult.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote