View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #4
Muirdach

Home MUD: Karinth
Muirdach is on a distinguished road
Hi Rheassi, I would like to invite you to take a close look at Legends of Karinth. Let's skip right to the rundown!

1. PK is allowed, but only in certain areas. I have never ever seen PK that has not been agreed upon beforehand (ie. dueling). The staff take unfair or repeated PKing very seriously.

2. Karinth is a fantasy world with loose ties to Medieval Europe. We have many stories on the website to help set this scene, all original works.

3. We have a wide variety of races. We have no classes - if you can find a trainer for a certain skill, you can learn it. We do not believe in restricting the player to what the implementor thinks a "warrior" or "cleric" should have. In fact, we don't believe that people should be forced to characterise themselves as a certain class. It is more advantageous to select skills that complement each other, but if you want to have magic and healing and stealth and weapons, no one will stop you.

4. We have a custom built newcomer house which combines learning about the game, brief glimpses into what lies ahead in the world, and of course leveling. We also have a seperate area within it, for those who are new to mudding or to the ROM codebase. There are even little quests and brainteasers in the newcomer area itself, although those are of course optional.

5. Roleplaying is highly encouraged. If you have an idea for an event that your character would like to organise, or thoughts about a quest or anything like that, I will personally take the time to discuss it with you and help it to come about if at all possible. As well, you can gain experience through regular roleplay with other players. RP based societies such as guilds and clans are player founded and player run. They are created through character wealth and support, not because "the staff thinks that pirates are cool, so there's a pirate clan".

6. Every area has some kind of quest or brainteaser. Often more than one. You can also earn quest points through finding bugs and typos in the game, which can be exchanged for (among other things) re-strings of items.

7. Player designed and upkept societies (including player designed society/family halls). An ASCII map that moves with you in the wilderness. Flying mounts. Ships. Heck, take a look at the feature list on our website, I'm very confident that you'll spot more than one thing that you find interesting.

8. Playerbase maxes out at around 20 online during peak times. Many are very regular.

9. I promise you that you will never be asked to pay, or be offered an incentive for paying. All donations are free will, to help, and will never receive anything other than heartfelt thanks. I will sell my car before Karinth ever becomes a pay for perks mud, and I don't even own this place.

10. You design your own spells. Name it, choose what components (eg. healing, damage, armour, etc etc) go into your spell, choose how powerful each of them is, choose how long it lasts for... you have spells unique to you. As for melee combat, we have a whole range of stances and styles and special skills for your perusal and enjoyment.

11(?). Definitely developed enough to play (see features) and definitely still expanding rapidly (see news). We welcome you to be a part of that expansion.

See? I got 11/10, so check us out!
Muirdach is offline   Reply With Quote