Thread: Aardwolf?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 05:54 AM   #40
nhl

nhl is on a distinguished road
There are nonetheless big differences in the copyright legislation of different countries. For example, in Finland it is considered "fair use" to make copies of musical works (not software) for your own personal use (for example, someone lends you an original cd, from which you are then legally allowed to make a copy for personal use), something which to my understanding the US copyright laws do not recognize.

I have no reason to believe that any of the lawyers I have spoken to, would sweettalk me about their view of the DIKU license, given that neither I nor they have any financial interest in it (nor am I paying them to prepare legal statements on the matter). Thus far we've presented claims from lawyers who think the DIKU license is unenforcable (which seems to be a common claim from both my side, IR and Medievia) -- I would love to hear which lawyers have actually claimed that specifically the DIKU team has a good ground for legal action. Maybe you can provide some reference on that (and not a link to documentation about copyrights in general)?
nhl is offline   Reply With Quote