View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
Zoticus

Zoticus is on a distinguished road
LFM: Manual Combat + RP

Hello -

I've asked around before and found a new muds that had some things I liked and some things I didn't. It's been a while since I did so, and thus, I'm back to poke at the knowledgeable minds here on the TMS forum!

Things I need:

- both for pk and bashing. Diku-style combat is pointless.

- I need at least a very firm line between IC and OOC in my muds. I play muds, not MUSHes. I don't want a chatroom with a textual avatar.

- not a pay-for-perks model, either. Having spent much of my mud-time in IRE muds, I'm a little tired of the obvious gap between those who have and those who do not have.

Things I want:
- well-written descriptions and in-game surroundings with an eye towards continuity are highly appealing to me.
- I enjoy the notion of mixing and matching my character traits. A warrior who moonlights as a cat burglar is neat, but many class based systems don't allow for such drastically different archetypes to mingle. In short, I want to be able to choose what skills my character has by exerting the effort to learn them, not by simply selecting a base archetype and being shoved into a mold.
- organizations of like-minded people with goals and ideals, not entirely tied to their archetype. I could greatly enjoy joining a merchant guild, but playing an economically retarded meathead that just worked as protection for caravans of valuables.
- I enjoy a good player vs player battle sometimes, but I like there to be a motivation behind it. Slaughter muds or muds that exist just to feed senseless pk fetishes are not for me.
- I don't mud to play by myself. I've got a super nintendo for that.

As I mentioned, I've played Iron Realms games for a number of years, and have gotten used to the way they do things there - I am fully capable of embracing a different environment, and in fact, such a desire is why I'm here, trying to find a new mud. That said, I'm not really interested in a half-coded beta-mud missing key features and with a myriad of promises of 'soon'. I'll be much more able to enjoy a mud that has a solid infrastructure in place than one that's extremely fluid and prone to drastic alterations.
Zoticus is offline   Reply With Quote