View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #1
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
To Next:

The lag has nothing to do with the influx of new players. It has everything to do with a faulty SBC router, which I happen to share with the game's server since we're both in the same state.

I've been experiencing lag on everything and suffer occasional punts off my DSL as a result. No doubt the ginka server is experiencing the exact same thing, and again, it has nothing to do with their traffic.

Regarding the uber noobs - it's a wave, and the wave will wash back out to sea as it always does. When I started playing Arm I was part of another wave that showed up 2 years ago. Fortunately I was taken in hand by another player, strictly via RP since I didn't know who played their character. Hopefully, many of these new folks will have the same luck I did. If they didn't, they'll learn eventually. If they don't learn, they will either quit or have their accounts suspended.

If you see someone behaving in an obviously twinkish manner, wishing up to alert the staff can help if someone is available to monitor it. If no one is available, sending an e-mail to mud with the character's sdesc and a description of their behavior will also do the trick. I've done this a few times and the "offending party" ceased to be offensive. Sometimes they just need a guiding hand from someone with authority. And yeah, sometimes they need a smack up-side the head.

But if you don't alert the staff to the problem, it's very possible they aren't even aware of it. They -want- the game to maintain its high standard of roleplay, so it's up to us to help them do so.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote