View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #53
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: From MUDs to MUSHes: FAQs, etc for the players

As I said, "looking back over this thread" the initiation of attitude seemed to stem from you. Delerak was responding to misao's statement which was an example of metagaming. Whether he was rude in another thread or not, your response to him in this thread was initiated with attitude (the "bovine manure" and "ignored").

Well, it's not really an insult considering that a good number of MUSHers do metagame. The same applies to MUDders though as a good number of them frequently do as well.

I also don't know that Delerak was making an absolute statement that all MUSHers metagame but rather that the example given by misao appeared to be metagaming.

It may not have been your intention, but it seemed to me like you did. If you didn't, you did escalate it to dismissiveness based not on any failure on his part to prove his point but rather your dislike, whether warranted or not, of Delerak himself.

Either way, it would probably be a good idea to try and get the discussion back on track by posting some of your work thus far on the FAQ. With any luck, further discussion will focus on that from here on out.

What form do you intend to do it in? Will it be categorized (code differences, IC/OOC, etc.) or just in the form of a bunch of questions?

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote