Thread: Gay rights?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #61
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
And tell me where the contradiction is?  Lets say a lifeform evolves on its own by random chance over trillions of years.  Lets call this "Lifeform A".  Lifeform A advances rapidly and suddenly they are able to reach the stars and extend their knowledge of the universe.  One day, Lifeform A decides to create a pet project to see if it is possible to breed lower lifeforms into ones of comparable intellect, maybe for slaves, cheap labor, or perhaps just to see if it could do it.  Lifeform A begins the long, complex process of genetic modification and selected breeding.  After thousands of years, a primitive being is created (evolution happens faster with external influence and selective breeding).  We will call the new product "Lifeform B".  Lifeform B questions its own existence and purpose, so Lifeform B decides to attribute it to the very force that created its own creators, standalone evolution.  (but of course, with an all-knowing view such as this short story, you can see that it wasn't standalone evolution, but controlled evolution that created lifeform B, but we won't tell them).  Is anyone going to create another thread about this?  I hate to intrude on a perfectly good discussion of homosexuality.
P.S. The above post doesn't represent my own beliefs. I happen to be a Methodist who believes evolution. I am simply stating what believers in non-religious Intelligent Design have said to me.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote