Thread: SF Game Concept
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 10:07 PM   #4
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
To respond to the first set of questions, all new Characters arrive on the Station. If they have knowledge of the game already they can take a shuttle and be on the Moon in 3 days. There is a whole Society, including Earth that forms the backdrop. Players are those who leave Earth far behind, and intend to become a part of this new Colony and it's associated places.

For the second set of questions, I am not going to try to accomodate every playing style, unless you mean those that start with RP and subdivide. If you are speaking of the 4 player types defined in MU* land they would be the subdivisions. Playing a Character means fitting in a bit, doing something other than being youself first, with whatever actions that make sense following.

If you are the killer type, you would naturally gravitate towards the Planet, they will always need more warriors so they can expand and control territory. Unlike Earth, the local ecology will not just die off with a litle pressure. The Planet was chosen by the powers at Earth to try and make it impossible to really Colonize, but this information was leaked and only firmed the will of the original Colonizer group. It will be a long, long, time before the whole Planet is pacified. And there are other levels of resistance, that will have to be met with thought not weapons to overcome.

So the game would be serious RP, but in a natural speech style, with all of Earth's history as a valid part of the background. I would be adding some stuff to get us from now to the slight future, some new techs, maybe otherworld contact, but it will be easy RP.

The problem with attempting to mix RP with non-RP is just that the non-RP side does not respect the World and storylines like ther RPer does. It is natural, if leveling is what you are after, the rest is fluff to be enjoyed sometimes, ignored when inconveient. But since I know that inside RP you can be whatever you wish, pursue any goals you like, I have never seen a pure RP game as a limited thing.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote