View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 10:03 AM   #6
Boggis

Boggis is on a distinguished road
While I can accept that the possibility of a child possessing a lot of power it really should only happen in extremely rare occasions imo. That's what child prodigies are... children with the mental ability of an adult (higher than the average adult even) but only in extremely rare cases IRL. Even in such cases child prodigies can't be just turfed out into the real world to fend for themselves as they haven't developed many other qualities to be able to get by on their own (emotionally, etc.).

I guess it depends on the type of mud. If it is an RPI mud where realism is important I would like to see the Imms having some sort of control over the numbers of this type of character that can appear in the game as many players won't stick to the role of 'power child'. My experience is that the majority of them are all childish, innocent and playful in unimportant situations and then mysteriously adult, insightful, calculating and serious when the situation changes where the innocent nature of a child could be taken advantage of. That's where I would agree with Threshold in that many of these players do want to have their cake and eat it. Of course if it's a high fantasy mud where anything goes then I wouldn't worry about personally.
Boggis is offline   Reply With Quote