Thread: RP Pet-peeves
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 07:55 PM   #5
The Vorpal Tribble

The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
#1. Theme Brushoff

What I hate is when theme for a race is utterly ignored and a wild story made up for why you can totally disreguard what the makers of the game have spent hours, if not months, writing.

Example:

Player 1: I can play this race any way I want, the theme is just there if you 'want' to use it! I can kill if I very well like!
Player 2: But your race is pacifistic.
Player 1: Oh, well, he was raised by <warrior race> and so fights alot!

#2. The Giver-Upper

A barbarian or some such mean fighting character comes up and attacks someone. The someone tries to fight back for a few moments but the barbarian is much more skilled. The player will then give up, and lie down, or turn their back on the slayer, yawning or doing some other such thing to show their contempt. Now tell me you would sit down and be still and silent as a sword is dividing your organs from their blood supply or your beating beaten to a bloody pulp by a club?

#3. NPC Slaying

In various MUDs that claim to be mandatory RP they will still allow the consistent abuse and slaughter of NPC's that represent a living sentient. Your character should not be able in any way to know the difference. In real life do we have manikens walking about that look, feel, and seem real in every way possible except for an extended conversation deficiency?

As for the mention of 'find out IC'. I believe in that whole heartedly. If its something you could only find out IC, then if your really into RP, how would you be able to find it out? If you went into New York for the first time what special ability would allow you to find a McDonalds several miles away without prior knowledge of its direction or even existence? I was told 'find out ic' when i played my MUD for the first time and excepted it because it made sense. Those who aren't mature enough to except it can just stay out of the game.

*prepares himself to be flamed viciously*
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote