View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
I got started in MUDs when I was showed one by a neighbor in college. I didn't really take too much interest as the one he showed me wasn't that good. For a few years, I tried to find one that was interesting (and to remember how to log back into them...*grin*...I wasn't the most technologically-adept back then).

Started playing a H&S about two years later, but after a couple years of that, I grew tired of dealing with the immature and childishly-petty people on it and quit. By that time, I was seeking something more substantial than just typing "kill" and had for a year or so been playing an RPI MUD. I enjoyed the depth of designing and role-playing a character instead of just running around killing stuff.

I've always been a creative person with a pretty good imagination. I used to write (and may take it up again) and have probably designed anywhere between 500-600 worlds for use in stories as well as just for the fun of designing everything that composes a unique and original culture. Some of them were designed to be MUD worlds, some were designed for stories. Either way, most of the time, I didn't finish them completely, though about three or four dozen of them are probably designed with more detail than 99% of the MUD worlds out there. Until I started my recent MUD project, I've never before taken the time to actually turn one of them into a MUD. It's not a 100% original world as it has a very close real-life parallel, but it is rather comprehensive in total design of every aspect I can think of. Hopefully, it will be something that appeals to players, at least the player-type I'm trying to target.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote