Old 01-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #231
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
I'm working class. I have ambition and goals and plans of self-betterment. However, my gaming time is rarely considered money to me. Gamers do not consider time to be money, they consider it to be fun. The phrase "time is money" itself is a business phrase, which was my point.

I am poor. I paid my own way through college and deal with constant debt and lower class issues that most unsupported american college graduates go through. I don't consider poor people to be stupid, nor have I ever suggested it. I would be insulting myself, and most of my friends. I do consider misleading advertising to be unethical, though - whether it's here, or anywhere.

Work equals money. Time spent playing a game is not the same as time spent working, however, and should not be looked at as the same. To say that calling misleading advertising unethical means that I look down on "poor" people(myself, for instance), is rather backwards. The most offensive things going on in this thread are people defending unethical advertising, and posting ignorant flame messages.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote