View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 04:30 PM   #7
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Heh - we get some folks show up in our game picking "elf" and trying to roleplay their elf as a LoTR type, and everyone pretty much just groans at them. Especially if they are fair-skinned and silky-haired and think they're gonna ride around in the desert.

In our game, all elves are thieves. All of them, no exception. All of them belong to one or another tribe, and all of them would rather starve to death than be caught riding. They are all also extremely tall, extremely skinny, and considered "inferior" by humans. And yet every week, another one shows up thinking they can be the newest exotic beautiful flawless F-Me male or female hero.

I tend to stick with humans because I like to think I'm pretty good at RPing one. But that's only because I'm pretty sure I am one in real life (mother says I'm a mutant, but she always was a little strange) .

Even so, I can see the point, that some people are drawn to one race or another in any given mud. Why? I dunno. It sounds glib of me, but I don't really think it matters why. Maybe people who are physically challenged in real life play the strongest races available in their mud, so they can do in the game what they can't do in real life. Maybe some people who are constantly stuck in positions of authority in real life pick the "underdog" race in the game so they don't have to be in charge of things.

An interesting study on social behavior, but I have a feeling you'll end up with as many reasons as there are people who play muds.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote