View Single Post
Old 05-30-2002, 04:12 PM   #4
Yazracor

Yazracor is on a distinguished road
Well, although I kinda like the looks of it, I think that especially for the admins using the system will be far too much hassle, and they'll stick to the much briefer, purely command-driven system. As for the players: From my experience, you usually don't configure your input/output options very frequently. So, the disadvantage of disappearing from the game when entering your "configuration room", or, even worse, being unable to react to the things that happen around your character won't be weighted up by the nicer interface. If you have a PK-system, you have a problem in either case: Either people will use it to escape PK by stepping into the config-room, or they probably will not use it, as it will render their char helpless while their mind is configuring.
All in all, I believe you're better off with investing the energy needed for such a system into a good interface to your help system, and newbie-friendly standard options. Having only a single command for configuration with sub-commands being displayed at each step further down also helps a lot to flatten the learning-curve.
Yazracor is offline   Reply With Quote