View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 03:19 PM   #11
Xorith

Xorith is on a distinguished road
I just want to clarify:

Samson removed the post, then told me. I was upset at first for the removal, until Samson showed me the archived link. After reading it, not only do I support it being removed, but I was upset to see that *my* site's logo and name is now associated with someone else's libel on a site I have no control over.

Let me ask you this - Freedom of speech is something this country of ours has (the US for those not living here). If you impersonate a corporate official of say Microsoft, and with that false name and title you spread lies about the company, is this not illegal? It's slander, for one. It could even be taken as far as identity theft. For this, I'm glad the post was removed. I also ask that replies stay on topic to the discussion. This post did not do this at all.

If this person posted the same remarks under his own identity and under a seperate discussion, I would have not been happy to see it removed. Kris would be upset, yes, but he'd also have a clue of who had done it.

Anywho, if Kris feels the need to save these clips of lies and trash, I guess it's his house he's dirtying. You made a good point - I don't think it's publically viewable. I'm not even sure how Samson came across it. I also think it's some how contributing to my hit counter.

Thanks for the input.

-- Xorith
Xorith is offline   Reply With Quote