View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 08:52 PM   #8
smadronia

smadronia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smadronia
Molly, I think the promary difference between the way you (and people like you) build, and a lot of builders that claim to do it, is that you probably could show your work. Even if you're just written it down on paper, I would guess that within 20 minutes you could prepare something that you could mail off to an imp that would show you're working on your area. If you have descriptions in Wordpad, you could copy and paste a few of them as examples and mail it off.

That's a lot different than the person who tells me (or anyone else) that they have the whole area laid out on paper, and are working on the descriptions, but the descriptiosn are all on paper and they don't have time to put them on the computer right now. I don't buy that excuse after the first time. Heck, I've encoutnered people who claim to have the whole area liad out and are working on the descriptions, but they don't have a final room count.

I know there's a lot of impatient admins out there, and I'm sure they've lost decent builders because of their impatience. I do think that builders are also responsable for proving they're doing work. There's only so many times an admin can take "I swear I'm working on my area offline" with no evidence before they start to wonder. I've recived all kinds of things from builders, scans of their papers, offline area editor files with the skeleton of an area, graphics, a page of descriptions, etc etc. I appreciate these things, because it lets me know that the people sending them to me are actually working on things.
smadronia is offline   Reply With Quote