Thread: 411?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
Re: 411?

First, a wiki definition of MUDs you could read .

Most MUDs' use a client to send and receive the information. Many of these are free. It would depend on your computer's operating system on which clients were available to you.

For a free Windows client I would recommend .

For a free Linux-based client I would recommend .

Others may have other/better suggestions.

Alternately, some games are listed at , which has a built in Flash client. Not all games are available through that website, but a good place to try the games that are without having to download a client.

I am also sure that many at this website (Top MUD Sites) will be more then happy to answer any further questions. For a fuller understanding on MUDs there is that may answer more of your questions.

As a first-time text-based game player I would advise picking a genre, finding games that fit that genre and viewing their websites. They will have the address and port (the connection information), and possibly features and help files, listed on their pages. These games come in several "flavors" as well, ranging from purely player versus player combat to games that are heavily role-play oriented (and all combinations imaginable). Asking on forums with a specific list of features you want is another good method of finding a game that may fit your entertainment style.

Welcome to the world of literate gaming. I hope you enjoy yourself.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote