View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 AM   #38
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: From MUDs to MUSHes: FAQs, etc for the players

Delerak may be blunt, and sometime downright obnoxious, but he does give the impression (sometimes) he knows what he is talking about and can often keep a thread going with some interesting points. I agree totally with his points made in this thread for example.

Deciding ahead of time what you want to do in a roleplaying session (and I dont mean what time are you meetings etc), and then doing it is stage-acting. Throwing yourself into a character, and responding to events as they happen in-character is roleplaying.

To ignore someone as they have a contrasting viewpoint is ridiculous, to ignore someone as everyone advises you to is just being a sheep.

Forums are about open discussion, it appears topmudsites no longer supports this. If you ignore someone who contributes (frequently I might add) to a discussion... then that discussion becomes useless and will soon die in a collective patting on the back and how great it is we all agree.. and threads will soon become nothing more than statements with loads of invisible replies / counter arguments / discussion you will never see.

Top Mud Sites has always been about interesting and mature discussion with some SERIOUS heat and opposing standpoints, which is why I still follow it after not being a mudder for quite some time.. now I see it has degenerated into something different.

Delerak may have left me fuming and eager to post in defense / attack to something he has said, but people who ignore someone and then tell everyone about it like its a good thing leave a bad taste in my mouth, especially when they have just disagreed (albeit bluntly) with something you have said.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote