View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #42
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

Personally, I think the long-term life of TMS relies on the site being for players (and the encouragement of playing/supporting MUDs) rather than just a haven for MUD owners who want to protect their projects from bad reviews.

MUDs aren't like restaurants. They're effectively clubs people can join. TMS, in my opinion, should act as a sort of matching service, introducing newcomers to MUDs and giving veteran players information about which games are getting good word of mouth and which are getting slammed. I really like the idea of reviews that take into account questions about different criteria and then allow reviewers to add a full-fledged comment, if they like, while also giving others a chance to respond to those reviews.

As for how we might generate more activity in the forums - well, maybe we need to broaden our minds a little bit and do more brainstorming in the forums about how to find new outlets for publicity, potential new resources for players, and articles that spotlight games that are listed here.

Also, reinvigorating the Articles section - perhaps making it part of the forums - would help a lot too. I know that in the earliest days of TMS, Synozeer's efforts to get articles brought in a lot of voices from the MUD community and that helped build recognition for the site.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote