View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Selzion_Rift

Selzion_Rift is on a distinguished road
Searching for a Certain MUD...

Greetings! While I'm not exactly a MUD veteran (I don't even know how to code), I wouldn't consider myself a newbie to MUDs, either. I'm trying to find a certain MUD...Yes, I'm a tad picky. I've always been fond of IRE games, since the credit system never bothered me much, and the vast amount of dedicated roleplayers on makes it quite good for an hour or so each day. The problem with IRE MUDs is, in my opinion, they tend to feel like a leveling-MUD with a lot of fluff put on top. While I'm sure this feeling goes away after you hit level 40 or so, the trip there is a tad dull. While I'll continue playing IRE MUDs for as long as I can, I'd like to look at other MUDs that are similar, as well. I've never been quite too fond of games like Carrion Fields (If it's offensive to name names, forgive me.) and Medieva, since I get sick after an hour or so of constantly typing "kill goblin" and "get gold" over and over again 'till I can finally go and buy some sort of leather armour, and I'll continue killing afterwards in order to afford a vial of health, ect. For me, these games just end up turning into boring wastes of time, where combat is more common than roleplaying. That doesn't mean these MUDs are horrible, however! They're well scripted and can be quite fun if you're feeling sadistic or just have a bit of free time on your hands. I, however, am looking for something a tad more...deep. Is anyone aware of a game similar to IRE MUDs, in the sense that it has a huge world filled with always in-character roleplayers? While it's not as important, is there one with a huge playerbase as well?
Selzion_Rift is offline   Reply With Quote