View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #106
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Plenty of the time. That wasn't an insult by the way, it was an observation on my part based on my impression of the vast majority of the commercial MUDs when compared to the best of the MUDding community. I've tried all of IRE's MUDs for example (one of them twice and another three different times over the years just to be fair) and always come to the same conclusion: sub-par in comparison to free-to-play MUDs out there.

And you're a fine one to talk about insults. If I actually wasted my time to cut and paste all the insults you've laid out against countless people on these boards over the years, Synoozer'd have to start an entirely new forum to hold them. Hell, look no further than your post a matter of minutes later:

Now, to be fair, am I often an ass? Hell, yes, I do my best to be as straight-forward and as blunt as I can. I don't deny that at all. But don't sit back and pass judgement on me without considering your own behavior.

What is getting old is you and your pathetic desperate attempts to maintain TMS as your personal advertising board, peeing in your pants whenever anyone mentions anything that would make this site more than that. "Traffic exchange" my ass. Is that part of what it is? Yes, I'm not denying that. Is that the only thing it is? No, it's more than that and there are those of us who do think about the usefulness of the site beyond that of just the big commercial MUDs or our own. The difference between our positions is that the "traffic exchange" aspect benefits you (and a few others that rabidly defended your assertion), hence you see it from that perspective. That doesn't make it the only legitimate reason for the site to exist, nor does it even make it the primary reason. And it certainly doesn't make you altruistic through your defense of that position.

As for your last comment, the MUDding community does not thank you, at least this member of it does not, for your ever-so-valiant (insert sarcasm of galactic proportions) representation of the community. While at times you are a good representative of the community (and on those occassions, you'll get your praise from me...if you check, you'll see you have), it's not consistent. Your whole position regarding the purpose of this site demonstrates as much. That's because you're not just arrogant, you're quite often a selfish ass. You may represent a plurality of the "community" through the playerbase of your MUDs, but often you represent it quite poorly and ultimately for your own benefit, not the community's, so hop off your high horse. Do you have a right to look after your investment? Yes. But selfishness isn't an endearing quality so don't expect everyone else to let you be at the community's expense.

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote