View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: looking for a mud game to play..plz help

I've never run across a mud that meets this description. Essentially, you're looking for an Earth-like mud, set in the present day, or maybe historic times (i.e. WWI or WWII), with realistic gun descriptions from whatever Earth era is being simulated? Human-only and no magic, like the real world?

There are some future-setting, sci-fi style games that use guns instead of swords. (check the futuristic category in the TMS listings) Combat is mostly the same as any other mud, except your sword is called a gun. Some of them foster a non-magic setting. You'll still probably see character abilities that mimic magic found on other muds (i.e. a "doctor" might heal injury). Those are your best bet if you're looking for a non sword and magic mud. I saw a post for Atonement RPI recently, checked out its website, but never tried it. It's sort of a dark, future-ish setting, with soldiers, engineers, scientists, and stuff. I don't know if you'll find real world gun descriptions, or war strategy there, but your criteria are really particular and not that common.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote