View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for new home!

RetroMUD, ZombieMUD, and BatMUD all seem to be what you are looking for.

ZombieMUD isn't very colorful, but BatMUD is.

RetroMUD reworked their necromancer guild a couple years ago and it's a lot better (but complicated). I know that ZombieMUD has pets in different classes and I think there's a necromancer class, and BatMUD might have a pet system but I never tried it.

RetroMUD has classes, skills, and spells for modifying equipment. The Elementalist guild (classes are called guilds) can add nonphysical damage to weapons using fundamentals, and there are different spells and skills scattered among the different classes for doing stuff to weapons. Paladins can buff their armor and weapons, and there are spells which prevent weapons from being dropped or stop armor from breaking. I'm pretty sure that BatMUD has similar things, and ZombieMUD also, as all three have a lot of similarities to each other.

RetroMUD and BatMUD have multiclassing based on your starting class. I'm not too familiar with ZombieMUD but I imagine it's similar.

All three have automaps, or at least city maps that can be accessed with a command.

BatMUD and RetroMUD have crafting classes. The Merchants guild in RetroMUD is an entire class that is all about crafting, though the best armor and weapons come from boss runs.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote