View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #6
Nutai

Nutai is on a distinguished road
I briefly touched upon this in another post, but I had been playing a character for a couple of years at least and decided to approach another long-standing character regarding an investigation to my character's past (he had intermittent mental instability and memory loss). The other player OOCly asked me if there was something in particular that they should be finding, but I gave them leave to whip up whatever they wanted.

The other character (who was female) came back and told mine that they were half-siblings, my own character being a frowned upon half-elven bastard of her pure, noble, elven bloodline. This actually ended up providing a whole host of entertaining roleplay, especially as the two characters did not overly care for one another. They also both tended to fit together well ICly as siblings, both having a bit of the crazies and being rather well experienced in magic.

My character ended up taking her last name and publically playing up their relation while she, embarassed, tried to downplay it. The two characters often ended up on different sides of various conflicts, but ended up sparing one another or making some sort of unusual consideration because of their odd relationship. This situation also opened up good RP opportunities with a character that was once the half-sister's husband and a sometime ally of my character.

All in all, a very positive development.
Nutai is offline   Reply With Quote