View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Re: Working on our parser:

Hmm. Most obvious ones:

short - Not sure what Mabus is describing, but some places this may be the equivalent of "brief", for room descriptions. I.e., show the room title, but not all the description.

term - terminal configuration, for setting you default colors for things, and turning on/off features. Some games, despite the fact that ansi negotiation has existed since well before muds, insist on starting in black and white, then forcing the user to "turn on" the ansi and other systems. This never made much sense to me, since I would have thought that *testing* for ansi, then asking (after you create the character, or log in the first time, so you don't have to keep doing it, ask, "Blah MUD has detected that you can use color, do you want to activate it? Y/N" That, or just turn it on anyway, and let them use 'term', or the local equivalent, to turn it off.

Guesses...:

autolook - May be used to run a "scan" of surrounding rooms, like the 'survey' command Mabus mentioned, but every time you enter a room, without you having to type it.

The rest... You have got me.
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote