View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #56
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Join Dragonrealms today!

1. No one has claimed that "everyone buys and sells characters all the live long day." I stated that Simu games are trading card games, because players buy and sell characters and items for real money. I didn't state that "everyone" does it, nor did I state that they do it 'all the live long day." It happens. You know it happens, everyone who's played any of those games for any significant length of time knows it happens. It has ALWAYS happened, even back in the days of GEnie, and to gloss over it and pretend it doesn't change roleplay just makes you look like you can't handle the criticism on this particular point. It -is- an issue, with people who want to roleplay in an interactive game, where your character gets to know other characters, and the *characters* (not the players for chrissakes) form friendships, relationships - ESPECIALLY when you're spending money, on a monthly basis, for the privilege of doing so. And all that buildup, that investment in your roleplay - is spit at, the moment someone sells a character. It is partly why some people left the Simu games - and it is also partly why some people stay. For the money that changes hands between players.

2. Perhaps you haven't "tried them all" as you claim you have in a previous post. Perhaps you haven't tried even a dozen, out of the HUNDREDS of muds out there, that are either free to play, or pay for perks. But there are other games with more than 50 players. In fact, there are some with several hundred players. They aren't always logged on at the same time, but they have active accounts and *none* of them are multis. These would be unique accounts, with one character per account. And their staff works just as hard as your staff does, for the same pay (which is zero). It doesn't cost YOUR game a damned thing to staff your game because your game is staffed by unpaid volunteers. And it doesn't cost the game I play a damned thing either. When you get all hyperbolic over how your game has customer experience (I mean really - who uses that term other than sales managers, anyway?) and other games don't - you insult all those other games. It doesn't do your game any favors, to present yourself in such a negative light by implying that your staff can do for no pay, what other games can do for no pay, better, just because people pay to play your game. It's ridiculous, illogical, and insulting.

Ah now it comes out - you've only tried a half dozen other games in all the years you've been mudding. So really, you are speaking about what other games can, and cannot do, out of sheer ignorance and inexperience. You're basically a mudding noob.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote