Old 07-31-2006, 01:25 PM   #39
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Clandestine has recently redone its entire Casting System! The new system no longer automates casting, but forces the user to chant most spells before casting it, forcing players to master timing and strategy even as casters(a group of classes considered easier to play than others before).

Also added into the new system is the ability of range casting opponents who are not in the same "room" as you via a spell que, the feedback spell which is designed to counter "spammers" of spells by ending the opponent's spell queue and returning the energy from it aggressively back at the caster, and the cast stop command which can be used at any time to cancel your spell queue and avoid feedback.

This new system, carefully designed over a large period of time, merges with our already expansive casting system to give it an entirely fresh, new feel in PvP and PvE combat - spell-casting is now an adrenaline pumping competition of timing, instinct, creative-strategy, and speed, while our many unique non-casting classes continue to be just as indepth and capable of dealing with the new system. Even our MOBs are smarter now, redesigned to take into account player strategies and counter them with feedback spells and ranged attacks of their own!

As always, Clandestine MUD strives to make combat both asthetically and challenging, taking the foundation of DIKU to new heights, and in unexplored directions.

Also, look for up-and-coming announcements for Clandestine's new website layout and invitation to a massive global Roleplay and Successive Quests that will force players of the MUD to do something that they have not done in its 9 years of existance; look the Gods and Goddesses of Edge City in the face, as they come down from the Stars for a massive conflict! I began as a player on Clandestine 8 years ago, and though it is an extremely social MUD OOCly, the staff-led roleplay that I experienced on my first day there was exciting/epic enough to pull me in and make me want to play.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote