View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 04:54 AM   #11
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Blind support (category proposal)

Accessibility includes far more than just blind and visually impaired users, though. While my mud does provide extra support for blind players, those with learning disabilities or motor/dexterity impairments are probably going to find it less accessible than most other muds (because there's a lot of complexity, and a lot of typing).

If there was just a single "accessibility" radio button with a text box, I suppose you could click the option and then state exactly what sort of accessibility features you support (although I fear we'd see a lot of muds clicking the radio button and then writing in the box "Fully accessible to those with hearing impairments"). But I don't think the four choices would work so well unless you split it up into specific disability types.

Another option would be to have a radio button for "Requires a custom client", although there are very few text-based muds that would need to select it. I think this would be much less useful for visually impaired players, although it could be of interest to others.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote