View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 03:13 AM   #52
Traithe

Name: Kite
Traithe is on a distinguished road
<headscratch>

All right, maybe I'm having a blond moment and missing something here - but I don't see anywhere in Matt's post a claim that their furniture system is "innovative" in a way that "pushes the envelope."

He's posting about a new feature in one of his games that he's obviously excited about having finished and implemented. No, it isn't the first of its kind. No, it certainly isn't pushing any sort of envelope. But it is a new feature that I'm sure he worked quite hard on to get out there for his players.

Is there something wrong with being revved up about some new work you've implemented? I know I do it all the time - certainly it wasn't the first time in the MU* world when I integrated our game with a phpBB system, or implemented account-based logins, or wrote up wounds- and location-based combat code - but that didn't stop me from being excited and proud about it once it was done. And it certainly didn't stop me from ranting about it to anyone who would listen.

So sue me. I'm a nerd. I have a nerd-like hobby. I get excited about nerd-like things. Is that suddenly not allowed here any longer, or what?

Judging from some of the other advertisements/promotions/bragging posts in this area of the forum that have gone without response, I'm going to hazard a wild guess here and say that the identity of the OP has more to do with the responses to this thread than the actual content.
Traithe is offline   Reply With Quote