View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Muffinette

Muffinette is on a distinguished road
Wayward child seeking a MUD home

Hello. My name is Muffinette, and I have a mudding problem.

I first discovered MUDs several years ago. After playing many of the graphical online rpgs and not being satisfied with the roleplaying experience, I decided to try text-based games. The transistion proved difficult and for a time I went back to MMORPGs. Then, a year or so ago, having grown up some and become more experienced with computers (and having become more jaded with MMORPGs), I decided to try MUDing again.

Since then I've wandered from game to game, never being able to settle down and stick with one. I want to change that, to find my MUD home, so to speak.

Of the games I've tried, none were so bad that I won't consider trying them again if they're suggested. My favorite was New Worlds Ateraan; I had a lot of fun with that game (I had to leave it due to a spate of RL issues), but it felt really tedious to level up a non-combat character. I learned to dread fishing. Anyway, enough with that tangent.

I have a few preferences, not too demanding I hope:

-Theme doesn't matter

-When it comes to playerbase, the more the merrier in my eyes. I don't mind a small number; I just don't want to be the only one logging in at US peak hours

-RP is good, whether it's Enforced or Intensive

-I enjoy crafting systems and non-combat roles that feature them. If I do choose a combat role, I prefer to play spellcasters.

Thank you for your time; I hope to find my home MUD soon!
Muffinette is offline   Reply With Quote