View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #65
Lark

Lark is on a distinguished road
Oh, you snuck up on me there, Matt. If anyone cares to look at the time marks on these posts, you'll see one of the biggest reasons Matt's moderator...I'm not sure if he eats or just has an IV set up.

Well, I won't speculate, but I know one good reason would be to assuage people's suspicions. If Mother Teresa herself moderated these boards, she'd still be under a microscope (Iron Realms/Catholicism money bribes, something like that). The fact that you're running a successful business in addition to a mud gives you even more mad-tyrant potential.

So the big interest in replacing you would be to quiet down the yelling and get down to business on whatever this forum talks about besides these couple topics. Right now, there's a little server stuffed with hateful little ones and zeros from people who are all trying to express (in varying levels of articulation) their unhappiness with you as moderator.

I'm not making any judgements on your character: I don't know you nearly well enough to be comfortable taking a shot in the dark. And I appreciate the time out of your day it takes to keep the wheels turning.

I'm just saying if someone finally comes around who can fill your boots, Adam should just let him sit in the chair so you (and the rest of us) don't have to go through these big nasty threads where you're just trying to deflect accusations and insults. And you'll have more freedom to get in the trenches with them, too, and if the thread gets closed, it won't be a 'Matt did it to us' sort of deal.

I've gone on a bit. But like I said, you're here, someone needs to do it, so until someone else comes around...