View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 09:32 AM   #149
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
** Disclaimer **

I am fully aware that what I say will more than likley be over-looked in the massive flame-war, but I, being of sound mind and body, try anyways to get a point across

** End Disclaimer **

People keep asking what the point or relevance of the whole thing is, and why do it. It's honestly very simple. Exposure.

Brody isn't trying to post a definitive review. He's not even really giving his own opinion (other than the "It's worth checking out" tagline), it's simply being put up there for exposure. It's honestly just like having a banner or a listing on here EVEN in the top 10. They are there for exposure. Currently the game I admin is ranked #6 on here, so my listing gets quite a bit of exposure. My listing on here is only there to attempt to draw people to the game, and hopefully give them a reason to dig further on here, on the web, on the game, and so on. Same with banners, I put them up and hope that they draw someone's attention and someone checks it out and delves further.

With that said, honestly, if Brody wants to take time out of his day to give some game which is buried on one of the back pages a little bit of exposure which it normally would not get, more power to him. And is it working? Well, this thread now has over 5700 views, so we can assume that there's exposure of some sort. The other "flame-free" forum has 225 views, lower, but less yapping like small dogs, so imho, bonus.

Get off Brody's ass to be honest, if he wants to do it, let him. If he wants to call it something of his own choosing, let him. If you all want to keep flaming back and forth, my god, go for it, but honestly, if you want to more productively USE the hours spent on this topic alone flaming back and forth on something trivial and not even remotely flame-worthy, why doesn't someone take 5 minutes, go find one of the less-exposed sites in the bottom 80, DO a "5-minute test" and post something on a forum about it. Crap, if I wasn't at work and firewalled from doing so myself, I would do it personally...

Terl
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote