View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #25
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road
Re: What turns people from RP?

Many players base their decision to play on the playable enviroment of the Game, and from there weither or not its worth their while in the long run to play.

With Marrach, which is where Tristan's from, you faced the problem, as all newbies do, of dealing with people who were either simply too gosh-darned friendly or simply insulted by the fact that you were there next to them. We lost a lot of would-have-been players because of those exstreams because they were simply put off by the behavior of the established players. Then we had issues of being met with resistance from Staff on plots, overall sour attitudes and the closed minds of the players, and finally the egotistial 'power players' who'd insist upon 'keeping Ic Ic, and OOC OOC' to the point they wouldn't listen to why you couldn't properly RP due to Real Life issues.

Honestly, that closed mindedness killed it for me after almost ten years. Compaired to the vibrancy found in Ironclaw, Marrach is stagnate. And I can say that because I have friends that are still there. Nothings changed, nothing moves--and the newbies spot this with in two weeks of their arrival and go elsewhere.

So, Enviroment is the best way, in my opinion, to judge not only if its acceptable to the Player's style of RP but also the Game's overall health in the long run.

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote