View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 11:27 PM   #11
lavitz_lions

lavitz_lions is on a distinguished road
I am in agreement with Dionae. Too many PK events(or perhaps I should say... CvC? That does sound better.) happen because of the Player's greedy ambition, rather than because of what their character's motives are. But this is nothing new, of course...

I myself always try to think like my character... and since I do not play any bandit character actively, I don't kill others for their equipment, plain and simple. But, if they do attack a character who is close to my character, I will go after them, and tell them why I am going to kill them. Because my character is very protective. It isn't anything personal against the player... it's the characters that have a problem.

Real roleplay is just that... playing a character, that is not you. Letting your own thoughts interfere with your char's thoughts is inevitable, but the point is, to try to keep that to a minimum. Experienced players understand this... the new ones take a bit longer to learn it.

In short, I guess I'm saying that PK is okay, and can be incorporated into roleplay. As long as you don't let your OOC self cloud your IC self's judgement.
lavitz_lions is offline   Reply With Quote