View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #553
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Re: What does "Free" Mean?

You still haven't explained why Threshold, or any other commercial game, would suddenly lose out. I just went and looked at the current search option and it either seems to be "pay-to-play" or "anything else", which as a player isn't sufficient for me. Say if I want to be able to search for pay-for-perks alone, I have to wade through all the other types of MUD that aren't pay-to-play. You claim commercial games would lose out as if every person searching for a MUD is automatically not going to look for a commercial one, which is a fallacy. People interested in pay-for-perks are going to pick the options that bring them up. People not interested in them were never going to magically start playing them just because they appeared in the current limited search unless you've been mis-labelling your game, which is your problem and not a fault with the system. By the way, this is the hypothetcial "you" again

As for the fact your system didn't appear on the poll, that's down to the fact it seemed to get no merit here from anyone. The 2 box and 4/5 box systems were the ones being mainly debated, so I added them. I told you to feel free to vote "Other" and put a link to your system in the thread but since you've failed to do so I can only assume that it doesn't really bother you. If you had done that and enough people piped up to say they liked that system, I would have created a different poll (since I can't seem to edit one).
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote