View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 12:42 AM   #13
John

John is on a distinguished road
How I come up with my char's depends on the mood I'm in, but nearly every single time I create the stereotype char for the world I'm in, such as I'll play a farmer, or a servant or a mercenary or a merchant or an artist. They won't be fantastic in their jobs, they'll just be ordinary in their jobs and mostly be concerened with surviving.

Most of the time I get an idea for how I want my character to be, so I ask myself how did he get to that stage. Some of the time I make them have amazing backgrounds (such as they were forced to be a pleasure slave to a guy and managed to escape and now hate any guy touching them) but on the outside they'll seem like normal people. Sometimes I create really boring backgrounds, such as they grew up on a farm.

Playing the amazing swordmaster who wants to find the sword of ultimate power for me is a very boring character. Mainly because I like social roles. But then again I'm not experienced enough in playing Nobles or other people who have a lot of power, so I play the normal every day people.

Some of my funnest roles have been in stereotypical ordinary people.
John is offline   Reply With Quote