Thread: Pretty Folks
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 03:21 PM   #13
Gad

Gad is on a distinguished road
Does it seem odd? Well, PCs typically spend a lot of time in physical training and combat, compared to the rest of the population anyway. This can have both positive and negative effects. This sort of life-style will tend to put PCs in fairly good physical shape, but can also lead to broken noses, ugly scars, and lots of bruises. Of course there are the effects of magic, herbs, and potions (not to mention medicine on a futuristic MUD) that can counter the negative effects. A truly vain PC would be able to find a way to always look his/her best. That of course doesn't explain why there are so many good looking PCs. In the end I think a large portion of the population possessing super-model looks does seem odd.

How to react? I haven't noticed this as a major problem on the MUD I am currently playing, but typically when I do run into "pretty" PCs with no personality to back them up, I ignore them. Giving these characters attention only encourages more characters of the same variety. If, however, there is a personality to go along with the looks I have my PC react more to the personality than the looks, but take the looks into account to a vary degree depending on how shallow/petty/typically male my PC is.
Gad is offline   Reply With Quote