View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 09:52 AM   #4
Taniquetil

Taniquetil is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Taniquetil
Arrow

Nice little discussion here, actually fun to find a place which is serious when it comes to Mudding, too much **** out there really.

Well, not ruin the fun we agreed on that. But then another important issue comes in, wether the MUD is roleplay oriented or not. The project I'm working on is RP encourging, but not forced, which makes dealing with tells a bit easier, but the problem still remains. Wether I call tells out-of-character or not, there might still be RP people who will use them IC. I'm thinking about removing global tells, and simply just use the OOC channel for OOC talk, problem is it might get spammed, and players want privacy. So I added another feature to the game, when you feel like not RP:ing you can transfere yourself into another "zone" of the game which is strictly OOC where tells can be used. Right now, this is only on the drawing board, and I know there might be lots of problems with it, but we'll see how it works out.

The death point is the hard one. I really cant comment on it, hate to ruin gameplay with it. As for food, yes hours have to be prelonged quite a lot, maybe around 30 mins = 1 IRL hour, justa random number popping up in my head.

So ofcourse, I have tons of other things to say about realism vs gameplay, but the question is where to draw the line....

Another thing, realism also means to me, that you spend considerbly long time research before you put something into the game (both building/code) so that it sticks to reality.

/Tan
Taniquetil is offline   Reply With Quote