View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #36
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

RPI's aren't what they used to be. None of them have the old feel of storytelling to them in my opinion. I remember when Armageddon used to enforce roleplaying but nowadays it just seems like it's not mandatory but encouraged.

You don't really find any the RPI's enforcing roleplaying because nobody wants to step on the player's toes and offend them. I think this is because they don't want to lose players. For example Arm's pbase is way bigger than it used to be but anybody who has played since the mid 90's can tell you that even though you run into players more often you don't run into as much storytelling.

I don't know maybe it's just my pessimistic viewpoint but nobody wants to "define" what good roleplaying is. And if you login to an RPI and never emote and just go around killing NPCs because you're a "hunter" then you won't get in trouble. I think that's wrong.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote