View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #54
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Do MUDs need to be "brought into the 21st century"

I just don't see any problem that needs to be solved here. Text games attract people who are attracted to text games. Graphics games attract people who are attracted to graphics games. People who are attracted to games in general and aren't too particular which type they play, or actively enjoy both, will play both.

This so-called "problem" that the OP feels needs to be "solved," isn't occurring in Armageddon. In fact, the game has grown in its playerbase and in "active players logged in" in just the past year, and it's been around for almost two decades.

Just a few years ago when I first started playing it, there might be an average of 30 people logged in on a typical weeknight after supper. Now, it's up over 40, and often goes beyond 60, before I log out for the night. In fact - right now, on a Saturday evening, when most teenage adults, non-teenage adults, and even middle-aged adults, are getting ready to enjoy a night out - there are 51 players currently in the world, other than myself. And it's not even 8PM yet.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote