Thread: Star Conquest.
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
Cerelum

Cerelum is on a distinguished road
Star Conquest.

Alright, so I'm not going to sit here and bash them too much. But I think Star Conquest is ran by people who enjoy screwing with players and here is why.

I have been playing their spiritual successor for a bit, Miriani, and didn't have any issues, so I figured I would come check out Star Conquest.

Well I'll admit I made some huge mistakes and got myself grounded (can't fly or basically play the game). I've been punished in other forums before and they say, you have 7 days of ban, or you can't do X for Y time.

Here they just tell me I'm limited to roleplaying, which if you've played the game, it's pretty damn near impossible if you can't fly from place to place or meet up with folks. Plus, I'm gonna be totally honest, as a new player, I really don't wanna sit around and play emote talking simulator 2000. I came to fly spaceships and develop a story off flying spaceships.

Well, they took away my ability to send in support tickets, my ability to send newbie messages and wouldn't give me a defined "This is what we want." other than, "Go roleplay." which is as ambiguous as it sounds.

Eventually get this chick lindsey gainem or something who runs the game to come talk to me again and this is how that conversation went.

The admin or host as they call them, jumps into my ship and proceeds to name call and insult my character as a person, not a player. Then tells me to tell her why I shouldn't be banned. I express some heartfelt regret for my actions icly and oocly and she then goads me and tells me that it sounds like I'm calling a girlfriend after a breakup the night before.

Then proceeds to ban me and ip ban my computer for their server.

Which honestly, if you wanna ban me, cool and good. But this is after three days of limbo, not knowing what the heck they wanted to see other than "roleplay" and basically wasting a lot of my effort and time.

So while I'm impressed with some of the systems over Miriani and think that honestly Miriani and Star Conquest should literally just band together and make a super game. I will hazard you that if you aren't the super friendly, emote all day roleplaying type or the tavern sitter type rp person. Avoid Star Conquest because once they turn against you, it's all downhill from there.

You can contact me about specifics if you want. I'll be writing a few reviews just so folks don't go through the problems I went through and waste the time and effort.

But aside from bad staffing, here are my pros and cons of this moo:

Pro,

The ships are more varied than Miriani, in Miriani everyone flys pretty much the same ships with a few specialty ships. In Star Conquest, the ships are much more robust based on the organization you pick and your points.

The atmospheric scooping is more entertaining than Miriani's and so is the Asteroid Mining minigame where you have to fight off poacher drones from stealing your metal you're collecting from the asteroids. This is cool on a few axis, one you can haul asteroids in Star Conquest, and then mine them, so it gives a purpose both rp wise and practically to have people haul asteroids.

Con,

It's really ****ing grindy, expect to be salvaging and doing other menial tasks for quite some time to earn your industry points to buy new ships and such. Some of the requirements in points go up into the thousands and while there is a variety of tasks, it seems the best ones are solo tasks, so you're stuck in your ship by yourself grinding away at points.

Also, the cadet system sounds great on paper, but after you get a hang of the it's limiting. If you do play there, pick the standard pilot and just wait to get your background approved before you jump in the game, otherwise you hit the cadet limit of 25 points SUPER fast and you're stuck with a thumb up your butt waiting and waiting.

On that point, this isn't a game that has their character apps down like so many others out there, it takes weeks or months for a character app to be reviewed and critiqued. In fact I just got mine back after a week or week and a half basically saying it was too generic. They want you to write college level biographies about your make belief character to be able to become a standard pilot.

So if you're used to submitting a request and getting it back right away, well, don't be surprised on this game.

There is no OOC or CHAT channel in this game, only the newbie channel, so if you're stuck or having issues you have to use the support command which is a direct line to the admin, but the problem is, as stated earlier, they aren't about much or if they are, they aren't answering support tickets. So a lot of the questions you want answers to you have to search through mountains of helpfiles or veil it in a crazy ic way to get the answer.

I don't want you to think this is JUST because I got banned I'm doing it. Even if I was still playing today I would critique the game and it's leadership after all that I've been put through.

But if you do want to check them out. Here is their info link from Topmudsites.

Last edited by Cerelum : 06-26-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Cerelum is offline   Reply With Quote