View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #42
Zera

Zera is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

For those of you just tuning in...

This thread is filled with trolls and assholes, and a couple people constructively discussing games. One, Newworlds, [sarcasm] keeps responding to questions or remarks, like some kind weird pedant who responds to things directed at him, and of all the ****wad things to do, he has a good-natured sense of humor about it. What a psycho. [/sarcasm]

If you're skimming, here's the jist. Armageddon.boards.net is not 'Armageddon's official website,' but rather one created by a player, and the particular post referenced was asking for negative remarks about muds apparently.

(for more info/detail, discover the truth on your own at , or, if you feel real daring, read the thread and follow the links provided.)

Then, some guy accuses one guy of bumping it just for promotional value, another guy's all 'blah blah blah, I hate stuff about it,' and then another guy, pretty passive about the whole thing is like, 'Meh, maybe kinda, but also, yatta yatta yatta'.

Since this is already filled with dicks and twats, I'll jump in!

I like New Worlds. Haven't played it much, but I'm getting involved. At first, I was like, wtf? Everyone just uses socials. This is lame. I gave it a try, nope, it's much like the real world, people you don't ****ing know or have any involvement in usually just nod and pass you by, laugh reflexively, or, in another words, just canned responses, (socials)

A good handful of people I've become involved don't do this. They started to, I refused to, and it was like some serious **** opened up. The more I role-play with these people, the less they use canned emotes. (I'm not gonna say 'be the change', because **** Ghandi with a chicken on a stick, that's not even his quote) But I am gonna say, if you're interested, don't be dissuaded by bridge-dwelling trolls and this guy up here who created two ****ing accounts just to jizz all over some other group's game just because when he went back, he couldn't come up with more reasons to bash it.

I was concerned about the lack of role-play, but I found it. Then I was concerned about having to 'Borg' as someone put it, which meant repeatedly killing mobs. I haven't found that a necessity at all, or even encouraged. I've spotted some people doing it, but just like those empty taverns that more often than not are full, I avoided them, and stuck with those who actual get a kick out of fleshy, deep emotes, char development, and using coded skills and behind the screen wit in a combination effort with others to tackle interesting, and (if you pay attention) well thought out quests. Not all of the time, no, because humans are people, and people are inconsistent ****heads that sometimes don't know what the meta-character behind the screen exactly wants for their character, or just don't feel like dancing the **** around for you.

The staff, however, will gladly help you. Getting newbies into a guild has become a big concern for them before asshole #2 posted, they even have a dated message board post for newbies and veterans saying, 'If you're not in a guild, and think you should be, contact us. Old folks, help them get in, don't be dicks, love, staff.' [Paraphrasing you pedants.]

Also, some ****head came in at the end of the thread, and made a pointless ****ing post. According to the rules of the internet, he is NOT who he says he is, and he IS who he says he's NOT, therefore, I'll pick someone at random.

I'm not Malifax.

Last edited by Zera : 09-19-2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Needed to wipe the blood off my hands
Zera is offline   Reply With Quote