Thread: Why so bitter?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 10:54 AM   #29
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
*sigh* So far, no one but you and Threshold seems to be having a problem with understanding it. I will explain it once more since you have such a hard time grasping the concept. Pay MUD steal advertising space from Free MUD. Pay MUD can afford to rent advertising space instead. Pay MUD does not make clear that it is Pay MUD. Free MUD loses one of few free avertising spots to Pay MUD that can afford to pay for advertising instead.

Let's recap once more. P2P kicks the free MUD off of one of the few free advertising venues available (this seems to be where you get lost... there are not very many places that people can get prominent advertising for their MUD for free ... this is a boon to free MUD admin... it's a perk to a P2P admin, but as has been previously admitted by Threshold, they do not NEED the space here), P2P can afford to pay for advertising elsewhere, or even on this site.

If that still doesn't make sense to you... well, I don't really give a ####, but there is nothing more I can say to get the point across to you.

This was covered not only in my statements but in the stealing bread from the hungry analogy. If it's not yet clear to you, then it likely never will be and we're pointlessly dragging this thread out.

I also made it clear, I will not attempt to take into account personal finances. That has no relevance to the MUDs as entities. Free MUDs do not have a guaranteed source of income... they might get a donation here and there, but in general it will be nothing near the type of income a P2P MUD would have.

So, if you're fixated on this personal income issue, you might as well give up now... it has no relevance here, and continually bringing it up serves no real purpose.

If it's too hard for you to understand the clear and outright statement that I will NOT take into account personal finances, you have my sympathies.

This will be the third time I've had to point out I will not take into account personal finances, thus your point here is null and void.

And not only have you ignored rather clear statements I've made, used bad logic (the point wasn't circular no matter how much you may wish for it to be), but now you're twisting what I say. Bravo. You've stooped to the level of troll.

This is your opinion, and you are entitlte do it.

This is the fourth time I've had to state I will not take into account personal finances.

I felt a few of the things you stated needed to be addressed, however by and large I'm done with this thread. I may read it with amusement, however I doubt I will be posting to it any further.
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote