View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 03:55 PM   #4
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
I don't mean advocate in the sense that you are pushing it to happen more often.  But, you clearly defend the allowance of such activity on your game.  Defending an activity is advocatory, too.

To say that there are absolutely no RL consequences for such an activity is premature.  What if you unknowingly "rape" a person who was raped in real life?  Your description of the "rape" indicates the woman was beaten into submission and then raped while others were watching.  Nowhere did you indicate whether she protested such an action against her character.  Should such an action occur against someone who took great offense to it, you could find yourself on the end of a negligent (or intentional) infliction of emotional distress suit.

If you wish to justify these "rapes" by saying that murders are traumatic, too ... well, I just think that is a pathetic justification of an inexcusable action.  Rape fantasy is a violent and sadistic action and your provision of an outlet for these occurrences is beyond my comprehension.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote