View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
The Telnet Travelers' Guild

For the past couple months I've been playing around with the idea of creating an organization of MUDders who travel from MUD to MUD and provide unbiased reviews and interest for various games, especially those small games that are new and trying to build a community or once had a large following and now only see a few people on. This idea came from my other idea of "Try a New MUD Day."

I decided to wait until after the major winter holidays to post about this idea, and right now I'm just posting to see if there is any interest in participating.

Here's how it would work:
1. The Guild chooses a MUD to try out and a date and time to meet together in the game.
2. When the Guild meets in a MUD, they decide together who is going to choose which race and class to try out. This way the members cover as much ground as possible.
3. The Guild spends time in the MUD, trying out different things together and individually. They may party and quest together, and they may come back one by one to play on their own too. People who are already part of the game should always be welcome to play with Guild members.
4. After the evaluation period, the Guild discusses their experiences and posts their impressions and opinions in a place where this information can be easily accessed by other people without interference from the staff of the evaluated game.
5. If any Guild member particularly likes the game, he or she may choose to stay and continue playing on their own.
6. Games are chosen based on how new they are and how big their communities are (so a game with a large community would be less likely to be evaluated simply because they already have so many people).

If the Guild does take off, there would have to be some basic ground rules for the conduct of members. There would also have to be a definite procedure for how the Guild operates in each game they visit. I've listed a basic code of conduct here below but there's always room for changes.

1. Every member of the Guild will have to respect the rules of the particular MUD being evaluated.
2. Each Guild member represents the Guild and must behave accordingly in order to help maintain a good reputation for the Guild.
3. Reviews and evaluations must be as fair and accurate as possible. Fair criticisms are just as important as glowing recounts.
4. Any harassment against Guild members by players or staff of a particular game being evaluated should not be met in kind. Report abuse through the proper channels but don't escalate anything or fire back out of anger. Just walk away or ignore the offender.
5. Guild members who do not meet the standards of the Guild will lose any sanctioning for their actions by the Guild.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote