View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:38 AM   #200
Aardwolf

Aardwolf is on a distinguished road
I tried to stay out of this, but Soleil really gets my back up comparing Aardwolf to Medievia. First off, full disclosure, we break the *spirit* of the license to fund ourselves. Nobody likes it, it is a necessary evil and within another 6-12 months will be a non-issue.

Soleil,

- Nobody is making a full time living off Aardwolf, nobody is running around calling themselves "director of blah blah"
- We have not been proved, time and time again, to lie about what we do. We have not claimed to be unique code, found to by lying to later increase the version number on the login banner and say "this time we really mean it, we really are unique now".
- We do not force coders to sign a notarized non-disclosure and threaten them with lawyers if they discuss the code. If you are truly unique now, wouldn't you want them singing it from the rooftops with an analysis of how and why? If you trust that non-disclosure to be binding enough to let your volunteers see the code, why not have an independant third party once and for all end the debate? Even Hans himself may be prepared to do it, he was quite happy to work with us, happy to have been approached and would not accept any compensation for his time.
- At this point in time, Aardwolf is not even accepting donations. We open then a handful of times a year to pay for the next few months.
- Aardwolf has operated as a "completely free" mud longer than it has periodically accepted donations.

Hate us for what we do, that is fine. Disdain from certain members of the mudding community is better than not being part of the community at all, hell, blow up my house and kill my cat if you like, just please don't mention Aardwolf and Medievia in the same sentence. Kthxbye.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote