View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #59
iovan

Name: Elijah
Home MUD: DBAT
iovan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to iovan
Re: The "Health," of Muds

Believe me I know how this community works. I know exactly how bitter, hateful, selfish, and trivial members of it can and have been. My "block" of the community is probably the worst. With thefts, sabotage, flames, etc.

Initiatives have to start somewhere though and what I am talking about wouldn't have to benefit a single MUD anyway. It would be some sort of movement to inform outsiders of MUDs in general. Increase the player pool for all of the "community" to share. If anyone doesn't want to do that for spiteful reasons I don't know what to say.

Usually it takes a problem to bring people together. If everyone is fat and happy on their own then they are usually more free to be assholes to everyone else. I know some people are still optimistic and I know there isn't any real "crisis" going on, but still. While some MUDs may be getting more players (mine being one of them) the player base of the entire "community" is shrinking.

What do businesses do? Even though they directly compete with one another they start associations that help their entire market flourish. It's the smart thing to do.
iovan is offline   Reply With Quote